With easter just around the corner, I wanted to do an easy homemade treat that can be wrapped up and given as a gift, or just eaten in bed watching Netflix (guilty).
These easter nests are so easy + yum, and look extra fancy if you use the ‘golden eggs’. Feel free to substitute these with your favourite mini Easter egg, if you’d prefer this is by no means my own invention, but rather a childhood classic made vegan!
– 180g vegan chocolate (I used Coles brand dark choc)
– 3 shredded wheat biscuits
– Mini eggs for on top – optional (I used vegan choc-coated almonds from The Source which I sprayed with cake decorating mist to give a golden effect because I am ~extra~. I made some with and some without)
– Melt chocolate over a double boiler
– Crumble in the shredded wheat biscuits and stir until coated in chocolate
– Evenly divide between 10 muffin cases, decorate with your mini eggs (if using) and leave to set in the fridge!
Easy + delicious. These can easily be customised to use whatever flavours or fillings you like, so go crazy