Like I mentioned in an earlier post, one of my favourite things to do around Christmas time is increase the glitter content of my makeup by about 300%. If I have an event or party to go to (aka sitting at home with my dog), I like to display my festivity on my face.
This is my standard, go-to eyeshadow colours for most things, however to add a bit of Christmas glitz I’ve added some sparkle. I also went for a dark red lip, because I’m in denial about the fact that I’m not in England for Christmas and therefore cannot embrace all things wintery and wonderful.
Please excuse the horribly zoomed in images. My usual camera lens is broken and I’ve therefore had to resort to using my 50mm for selfies, which is NOT an ideal situation to be in, and shows a lot more of my pores than ideal.
I’ve listed the products I’ve used below if you’d like an idea, but really anything sparkly and wonderful is ideal. This is definitely just a wearable look that doesn’t have to be specifically for Christmas, and you can always apply less (or more!) glitter, if you like ☺
– MAC Strobe Cream
– MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer (NC15)
– NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (Deauville)
– Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Light – Fawn powder)
– L’Oreal Lucent Magique Blush (Sunset Glow)
– Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade (Chocolate)
– Maybelline Colour Tattoo (Barely Branded)
– INGLOT – individual eyeshadow pan (shade name escapes me, but it’s a matte brown colour)
– MAC Pigments (Vanilla and Old Gold)
– Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner
– Rimmel Lash Maxxx Mascara
– MAC Lipstick (Hang Up)
What’s your go-to Christmas time look?