I don’t want no scrubs. Unless of course, it’s this one.
Part two of my DIY Christmas gift series is not as delicious as last weeks, but is beauty related instead. This week, I am going to show you how to make a super simple (and super cheap!) body scrub which can be easily presented really nicely. It makes for a good Kris Kringle gift, or again just something to give to people that doesn’t scream ‘I’m poor’.
You can easily adjust the scrub to suit your (or your gift receiver)’s personal preferences, and the recipe can just as easily be halved/doubled/quadrupled if you’re really feeling the DIY spirit.
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup fine sea salt
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- Essential oils (optional)
- Combine the sugar, salt and cacao in a bowl until mixed together
- Add coconut oil and mash with a fork. You can heat the coconut oil slightly to speed up this process but it doesn’t take too long to combine everything, and I prefer not to use heat with mine. The mixture should be
- Once all combined, add your essential oils if using. I added around 10 drops of peppermint oil, but you can use whichever you prefer
- Transfer your mix into an old jar (I used an old peanut butter one that I’d washed out). I then tied some muslin cloth around the lid with some red and white string and added a little wooden stick to scoop the scrub out. Easy and looks super cute!
Do you make homemade scrubs? What’s your favourite type?